Silicone coated glass fabrics
Taconic silicone coated fabrics exhibit very similar properties to PTFE fluorocarbon resin and PTFE coated fabrics:
- Excellent Release properties up to 230°C
- Silicone coated surfaces exhibit excellent release characteristics and will release adhesive and viscous materials which often adhere to a PTFE fluorocarbon resin.
- Good Chemical Resistance
- Silicone coated fabrics exhibit high resistance to attack from mild alkali, non-oxidising acids, most salts, mineral lubricating oil, air, moisture and sunlight.
- Superior Abrasion Resistance and Flex
- Silicone coated fabrics offer a tough coated surface with high abrasion and flex resistance. Silicone coated fabrics, however do not exhibit the low friction surfaces or self lubricating properties of fluorocarbon resins.
- Super Dielectric Properties
- Silicone coated fabrics are excellent electrical insulators in tough environments.